Prepare for Winter to Reduce Heating Bills
Temperatures are starting to drop and now is a good time to get that important annual checkup of all your fuel-burning appliances. Make sure they’re properly adjusted and in good operating condition to save money and stay safe.Here are other suggestions from Oklahoma Natural Gas:
- Check your furnace flame. If it’s yellow instead of blue, that’s a warning sign that your appliance is not burning efficiently.
- Clean or replace heating system air filters regularly.
- Do not block air intake areas on or around appliances.
- Do not use a gas range or space heater to heat your home.
- Consider installing a carbon monoxide detector (one that is approved by Underwriters Laboratories and has an alarm that can easily be heard).